Pin It!

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Harris Teeter Super Doubles

I took John to Harris Teeter with me last night for super doubles (coupons up to $1.98 double). He's been shopping with me when I used coupons before but never to an event like HT, he doesn't like crowds.

I went on Friday night because my store tends to restock then for Saturday shoppers and I hoped something that were out of stock Thursday would be back on the shelves. Philadelphia's new cooking creme, for example (it was, I bought four :P).

When we got to the register with my cart load of stuff he said "How much do you think you're going to spend?" I told him it would probably be about $4.00 with tax, but then I remembered I had a couple of extra cooking cremes and that would bump it up a little. I told him it would be around $6.00. He scoffed.

My turn at the register came and he watched the total go up and up. When everything was scanned it was $76.00 and John gave me a little 'told ya so smirk' then I handed over my VIC card and coupons and we watched as the total went down down down.

I ended up paying a little over seven dollars. A bit more than I planned but still awesome for a cart load of things we needed.

As we walked to the car John was shaking his head, he couldn't believe we'd saved that much. I reminded him that he'd seen previous HT grocery hauls and I'd told him the small amounts I spent on them and wondered why he was so shocked now. I guess you just have to see somethings in person to believe them :)

No comments: