Pin It!

Friday, September 26, 2008

Apple Bread


Each fall I make apple bread. I also make it for the winter holidays, since each batch makes two loaves it's easy to make enough to give to friends. Last weekend my mom showed up at the door with a large bag of apples from her trees. Seems she had a bumper crop this year :) What to do with all the apples? Well apple bread of course! I made two loaves Saturday that disappeared before Monday. Today I decided to vary it a bit and try it in a bundt pan. Here's the process and the recipe.



Apple Bread



2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
3 eggs
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon each of baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla
3 cups chopped apples
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)


Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

Peel and core the apples, chop them into small pieces. They don't have to be uniform or a certain size. You can have a bit more than or a bit less than 3 cups, it's flexible. Combine all the ingredients, except the apples and nuts, in a large bowl.




Then add the apples, and nuts if you're using them, and stir to combine.

Pres into to two loaf pans or as I'm experimenting with here one bundt pan.

DSC02666

And bake for 1 and 1/2 hours.


Mine is in the oven now. I'll try to remember to take a pic of it before it gets devoured and post it here. Happy baking!

** see part two here**

1 comment:

Mulderknitter said...

That looks fantastic! I love banana bread and I love apple pie. Must try your recipe!