Pin It!

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The garden

I haven't blogged about the garden in awhile. Things are still growing out there.

I let the lettuce go to seed and harvested some for next year. I'm probably gonna have lettuce coming up in the grass too :P Lettuce seeds are teensy tiny, btw.

DSC02671

Here is the everlasting oregano. I've kept it alive longer than any plant I've ever had inside or out :P I pick from it constantly and it just keeps going and going.

DSC02675

This is the leggy basil, tasty though.

DSC02676

Here's our watermelon that still isn't ready to be picked, sheesh melons take patience.

DSC02674

The baby Jalepenos. This is the 3rd or 4th crop we've gotten from these this year. The bell peppers are planted beside them but we only got one bell pepper. You can also see the sage in this shot, it's leggy but tasty as well.

DSC02673

This is a cantaloupe vine that volunteered from the compost pile. I love surprize cantaloupes :P

DSC02677


I think the banana peppers are done for the year, we got around 10 peppers though.And finally, these are the green onions. I bought them from the grocery store, clipped almost all the green tops for dinner and then planted the white roots bulbs. They've grown from there. Replenishing food, what could be better? These got yet another haircut for dinner last night :)

DSC02672

Oh and the prickly pear cactus.

DSC02679

No comments: