Pin It!

Monday, May 12, 2008

Built like a brick . . .

More Knittingness . . .

I didn't really have the cash to buy Mother's Day presents for my mom and grand mom so I decided to make them some dishcloths. Last time I was at Mom's house she said something about grandma wanting some so I thought 'What the heck?' Hi Mom *waves*

I made one for myself first to try out the pattern. I don't have a picture of it since I started using it as soon as it was finished :P But it's blue "bricks" with lighter blue between.

I really like this pattern. It's easy, it works up quickly, (I think I averaged 2 hours per cloth, watching tv) and the pattern is pretty easy to memorize so you don't have to keep count of rows and keep referring to the pattern. Plus I like the way the cotton feels in my hand.

Dishcloths

I used size 7 needles and a total of 7 colors of Lily's Sugar 'n cream (Citrus Fruits, Sunshine, Rose Pink, Soft Ecru, Sage Green, Hot Blue, and Faded Denim if you're into that)

If you're from Ravelry my project link is here
For everyone else the pattern is available here

I think I like the ones where the bricks are the darker color. I love that you can use a very small amount of one of the yarns at a time. It's a great way to use up small bits! Yes some of the yarn used to make these came from the colorful bag monstrosity:P Waste not want no don'tcha know.








No comments: