Pin It!

Monday, May 12, 2008

A few more identified

If you remember this post, I promised to post more pictures as I identified them. Well here they are. I'm no expert, yet, but I referenced several books and website for my identification and then checked the list of vascular plants that the part provides. Here is what I came up with.

These are MayApple (Podophyllum peltatum)

May Apple
May Apple
The flowers hide under the leaves.

I believe this is a Mockernut Hickory tree (Carya alba)
Mockernut Hickory  Carya alba


This one, the only one I saw all day, is Catsby's Trillium (Trillium catesbaei)
Catesby's Trillium (Trillium catesbaei)
A better view of the flower
Catesby's Trillium (Trillium catesbaei)

and last but not least, I think this one is a Yellow Morel (Morchella)
Yellow Morel?




No comments: