Pin It!

Friday, December 19, 2008

Great Grandma Ledford

Today is Dec 19th, 2008. It would have been my great grandmother's 88th birthday, however she passed away on November 22nd. I'm surprised I'm posting this. I'm not one to dwell at all on death or to mark the deceased's birthday after they're gone, but I felt the need to blog it so I'm blogging it :)



Here is Fannie Elizabeth Ledford with her husband Burns Augustus Ledford (he passed away in 1987). I'm not sure when this picture was taken. My mom scanned and emailed it when I was doing my family tree thing.

Let's see, what to tell you about Grandma? I remember when I got my first pair of Converse hi tops in the 80s she told me she wore a pair just like them when she played basketball in school. She was very very afraid of thunderstorms. She'd actually sometimes lay on the floor during a storm. She was married when she was 14 and had 6 children. She had 11 grandchildren(my mom); 18 great-grandchildren(me) and four great-great grandchildren(my daughter).

Here's a Picture from 2007.

2007 grandma ledford

Happy Birthday Grandma!

No comments: