- Shopped at the Farmer's Market when it opened. There wasn't much to choose from just yet, but I'm sure there will be abundant choices as the season goes on.
- Convinced Sam and John to try some Chickweed (Stelleria media). Sam was much more open to it than John :P
- Listened to the song birds immediately get quiet when a hawk screamed.
- Identified the back yard tree as a water oak.
- Filled a jar with honey, chopped an onion and a few cloves of garlic and let it steep for 2 weeks. It's to be used alone and with Apple Cider Vinegar for colds.
- Bought several plants, Basil, Lemon Balm, green bell pepper, and Jalapeno pepper. Planted seed we already had for lettuce, banana peppers, sage, thyme, and watermelon. (more on this in another post)
- I've learned that there are also mock strawberries, mountain knapweed, catchweed, wood sorrel, white clover, and wild garlic in the yard. (See March's progress on goals to see others.) And still more to be identified.
- Designed an expanded chart for what vegetables are in season when for my area.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
April Progress on my Goals
These are the things we've done in April