Pin It!

Thursday, January 8, 2009

A hat for Grandma part 2

The first part is here

DSC02784

Here the bank has been knit all the way to 19.5 inches and then the ends have been grafted together. I know I promised a pic of that part, but I forgot, sorry.

Here is the grafted seam. It's still visable, but not as much as it would have been if I'd used a three needle bind off I think,

DSC02785

Yes, that's my desk. yes I was knitting and reading guildchat while waiting for a spawn in WoW. What's your point?

Here I've picked up 60 stiches along the edge to start making the rest of the hat. I can't stand picking up stitches.

DSC02786

And yes those are double point needles instead of circulars. I don't like circulars at all! All that scooching of the work around the cord to the other needle. Who has time for that madness. I much prefer bamboo DPNs because they're not as slippery as the metal ones but metal is the only material I had in the correct size. It'll do.

And here is the finished product. It's looks a bit like an acron, no? Perhaps that's why our lovely model is coping a bit of an attitude.

DSC02788

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just dropped by to see what's new. I love the hat, you did a great job on it. Now I know why momma said she was proud of it. Good work babe. Love, mom